CollectingBanter

-   Autographs (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=245111)

Sue H March 18th 08 10:45 PM

Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90

this is sad news. I wrote to him almost two years ago and never got a
response. He may have been sick and stopped signing. Very sad
indeed.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:44:27 -0800, "Rich Davis"
wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/...ot/obit_clarke

chip1057 March 19th 08 02:08 AM

wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/...ot/obit_clarke

Arthur C. Clarke was a recluse, and hardly sent autographs through the
mail.

Chip

Rich Davis March 19th 08 02:44 AM

barefoot March 19th 08 03:02 AM

Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90

wonder if a new religion will pop up now???

Gummby3 March 19th 08 03:04 AM

Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90

The Church of DAVE. LOL

--

Mike
Gummby3

Bill Plenge March 19th 08 03:21 AM

Rich Davis wrote:
(Arthur C. Clarke was a recluse, and hardly sent autographs through
the mail.)

I mailed a bookplate to Sri Lanka and he signed it, but that was back
in 2002. The bookplate now rests in my copy of The Collected Stories
of Arthur C. Clarke.

I had a success with him too, back around '98.

Sue H March 19th 08 03:15 PM

Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:50:11 -0800, "Rich Davis"
wrote:

(Arthur C. Clarke was a recluse, and hardly sent autographs through the
mail.)

I mailed a bookplate to Sri Lanka and he signed it, but that was back in
2002. The bookplate now rests in my copy of The Collected Stories of Arthur
C. Clarke.

Yeah; I've heard both before. People I knew got successes and I wrote
to Sri Lanka as well... but nothing. Some got him and others didn't.
Maybe he was bi-polar!

Anyway, he was a talent with an extraordinary mind/imagination and
that will be missed.