CollectingBanter

-   Card discussions (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   04 Donruss Question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18862)

Scott Henrichs December 10th 03 01:07 AM

04 Donruss Question

Are the Diamond Kings both inserts and subsets or just inserts? I have
a DK Barry Bonds out of a retail pack. According to the back of the
pack, DK's are numbered to 2000. On eBay, there are some numbered to
2500 but they have gold borders. Mine is silver bordred and has the
usual Donruss "serial number box" on the back where the numbers usually
go, but no numbering. Is this just some crummy subset?

Only4Ebay December 10th 03 03:31 AM

Are the Diamond Kings both inserts and subsets or just inserts? I have
a DK Barry Bonds out of a retail pack. According to the back of the
pack, DK's are numbered to 2000. On eBay, there are some numbered to
2500 but they have gold borders. Mine is silver bordred and has the
usual Donruss "serial number box" on the back where the numbers usually
go, but no numbering. Is this just some crummy subset?

The card you have is a base set card.

Rodrick MacKinnon December 12th 03 03:46 AM

Donruss sort of went back to an earlier tradition of starting the set with
the Diamond Kings then the Rated Rookies. In the 2004 product, the DK's,
RR's, and team checklists are all short printed. Don't know the insertion
ratios though. So if you're hoping you got a Bonds card you could try to
sell on eBay and make some money, then yes it's just a crummy subset card.
If you're an "old school" collector and like to build sets, then it's still
still a crummy card because they've short printed the DK's, making building
the set more of a headache.

-Rodrick