CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Decay of the WNS as We Know It? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322842)

Victor Manta April 8th 14 10:01 PM

The Decay of the WNS as We Know It?

The World Association for the Development of Philately (WADP) initiated the
WNS (WADP Numbering System), which was implemented and launched on January
1, 2002 by the Universal Postal Union (UPU). This numbering system was
supposed to be the foundation for an online database of all stamps issued
worldwide lawfully, and its goal was to fight against the large-scale
manufacture and sale of illegal stamps.

I visited the WNS site a few weeks ago and I was particularly intrigued by a
piece of information that I found on the Participation Agencies page.

Under the Aland Islands (AX) registrations table I found the unusual entry:
"Registration stopped by Posten Aland ". I then checked the whole list and I
found the same entry for the postal administration (PA) of Belgium Shortly
after that this entry also appeared for the PA of Finland.

More he http://www.pwmo.org/illegals/14-wns-breakup.htm

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/