CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   CGA or CGC (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27268)

Fiona Always June 30th 03 07:02 PM

CGA or CGC

"Fred A. Murphy" wrote in message
To me the point in not whether there is a citable abuse of the grading that
made an XF into a MS65, which in some coins might only mean a $10 difference
anyway. The real danger is the game playing that makes a specific coin
worth hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars more just by
putting it in a piece of plastic with a different number on it.

Agreed.

And that is what the slabbers (and the quick buck artists) are hoping
will happen with paper money. Finally, there is something that all
those coin dealers can understand and get in on the action. They don't
care about ruining a great hobby (just like what they did with coin
collecting). It is all about greed.

Now I have to get back to sending off a pack of 1957 Silver
Certificates to CGA, I'm sure they will each come back Gem68 and boy
will those suckers on Ebay eat that up....