CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (RCSD) Bangladesh Question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=236114)

Blair (TC) December 14th 07 04:37 AM

(RCSD) Bangladesh Question

Could anyone please supply info on this stamp?

http://cjoint.com/data/mofJdw3Hjf.htm

Blair

[email protected] December 14th 07 10:13 AM

(RCSD) Bangladesh Question

On 14 Dec, 05:37, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Could anyone please supply info on this stamp?

http://cjoint.com/data/mofJdw3Hjf.htm

Blair

I think this is the one of which SG Commonwealth says below SG 159,
"Palestinian Welfare", of 21-Aug-1980:-

"A similar stamp in grey, showing a Palestinian guerilla and the Dome
of the Rock, printed by the State Printing Works, Moscow, was prepared
in 1980, but not issued due to errors in the Arabic description.
Quantities of the stamp were subsequently reported stolen. Examples
were also issued by the Comilla and Kotbari post offices on 27
September 1992 without authority."

If I am correct, the word "similar" in the above is one of those cases
where they refer to the theme of the stamp, not the design, which is
entirely different.

An example of the Kotbari one can be seen at
http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...m=130179149392
and a block of four at http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...m=170178437008

Chris

Blair (TC) December 14th 07 01:10 PM

(RCSD) Bangladesh Question

On Dec 14, 5:13 am, wrote:
On 14 Dec, 05:37, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

Could anyone please supply info on this stamp?

http://cjoint.com/data/mofJdw3Hjf.htm

Blair

I think this is the one of which SG Commonwealth says below SG 159,
"Palestinian Welfare", of 21-Aug-1980:-

"A similar stamp in grey, showing a Palestinian guerilla and the Dome
of the Rock, printed by the State Printing Works, Moscow, was prepared
in 1980, but not issued due to errors in the Arabic description.
Quantities of the stamp were subsequently reported stolen. Examples
were also issued by the Comilla and Kotbari post offices on 27
September 1992 without authority."

If I am correct, the word "similar" in the above is one of those cases
where they refer to the theme of the stamp, not the design, which is
entirely different.

An example of the Kotbari one can be seen athttp://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130179149392
and a block of four athttp://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170178437008

Chris