CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Collect or not collect (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273663)

Ralphael1 June 4th 09 01:55 PM

Collect or not collect

Speaking of the 2008 Finland/Greenland Expedition Joint Issue.
Both countries issued a SS but Greenland also issued two additional
stamps, identical to the ones in the SS.
I have not checked the perferations, just assumed they are the same.
I am wondering if I should collect the two stamps just to have a
complete issue.
Oh well, I suppose so even if the two stamps are $7.79 USD, same as
the SS.

Ralphael, the OLD one

rodney June 5th 09 01:24 AM

Collect or not collect

G'day Ralphael,
I agree, also a SS may have colour around the borders
as opposed to the paper of the pane perforated.
As an entirety, they attract a differing catalogue number anyhow :)

"Sir F. A. Rien"
One would expect that, to extract the maximum revenue, Greenland would
have
made some difference between the 'singles' and the sheetlet. After all why
lose that $7.79 plus postage and handling!

Blair[_2_] June 5th 09 04:14 AM

Collect or not collect

Dare I suggest that you have to collect the single stamps in pairs,
so you can prove that they did not come frim the souvenir sheet?

Blair

Ralphael1 June 6th 09 11:32 PM

Collect or not collect

On Jun 4, 11:14*pm, Blair wrote:
Dare I suggest that you have to collect the single stamps in pairs,
so you can prove that they did not come frim the souvenir sheet?

Blair

Not in pairs, single stamps with tab are the way my dealer offers
them.

Ralph