CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wurlitzer Zodiac Jukebox (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=314863)

The Jukebox Junkie April 28th 11 06:17 AM

Wurlitzer Zodiac Jukebox

Picked up a Zodiac a couple of years ago. Finally got it working after I replaced a defective cancel solenoid. Several of the selection pins were bent and had to be straightened out. A few other misc issues. I have several AMI jukeboxes so I am really looking to sell the Zodiac. If you are interested let me know and I can send pictures, etc. The box has very low mileage on it, less than 4000 plays on the counter. Came from Las Vegas, NV.

kreed April 28th 11 12:11 PM

Wurlitzer Zodiac Jukebox

--
The Jukebox Junkie

If that count is correct, they probably never came close to even
earning the purchase price back. :(

The Jukebox Junkie April 30th 11 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 681374)
wrote:
Picked up a Zodiac a couple of years ago. Finally got it working after I
replaced a defective cancel solenoid. Several of the selection pins were
bent and had to be straightened out. A few other misc issues. I have
several AMI jukeboxes so I am really looking to sell the Zodiac. If you
are interested let me know and I can send pictures, etc. The box has
very low mileage on it, less than 4000 plays on the counter. Came from
Las Vegas, NV.

--
The Jukebox Junkie

If that count is correct, they probably never came close to even
earning the purchase price back. :(

The box was almost like new when I picked it up. I was surprised that it was in such good condition. Right now I just need to clean it up as it has sat in my garage for a couple of years waiting for me to get inspired to fix it. I also have the original service manuals for it. I think what happened is that the reset hammer on the reset coil got stuck down and it bent some pins before it broke off. I found part of it laying in the bottom of the box.

Bob Raney October 5th 11 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jukebox Junkie (Post 681334)
Picked up a Zodiac a couple of years ago. Finally got it working after I replaced a defective cancel solenoid. Several of the selection pins were bent and had to be straightened out. A few other misc issues. I have several AMI jukeboxes so I am really looking to sell the Zodiac. If you are interested let me know and I can send pictures, etc. The box has very low mileage on it, less than 4000 plays on the counter. Came from Las Vegas, NV.

Sorry, but no one seems to want these jukeboxes. There has been one advertised on Craigslist here in the Inland Empire (Los Angeles area) for $65 in working condition and still no takers. Am advised that these constantly jam and thus any model from 3200 thru 3600 are bad news. Wurlitzer went back to their original mechanisms before going to these 3200 - 3600 on all models after the 3600. Doesn't this tell you something! Good luck.