CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Needed: Download site for Wurlitzer 3500 Zodiac SCHEMATIC (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=176543)

Al Last June 8th 06 05:06 AM

Needed: Download site for Wurlitzer 3500 Zodiac SCHEMATIC

I know it takes many pages to tape together but I've done that before. I
have a manual just ordered from Jeff Wager but client pressure to repair it
for the weekend if possible.

Thanks, Al Last

contact me at Remove the (dot) and replace with
..

John Robertson June 9th 06 06:13 AM

On 2006-06-07 21:06:28 -0700, "Al Last" said:

I know it takes many pages to tape together but I've done that before.
I have a manual just ordered from Jeff Wager but client pressure to
repair it for the weekend if possible.

Thanks, Al Last

contact me at Remove the (dot) and replace with .

Most problems with Wurlitzers are bad or noisy microswitches. I
recommend that you test ECRY microswitch with an ohm-meter before
moving on to other potential issues. The other area to check are the
latch switches on the keyboard, clean them with a points file and
adjust to the manual.

Go to http://www.flippers.com/juke-tip.html and read that page...

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

John Robertson June 9th 06 08:25 PM

On 2006-06-07 21:06:28 -0700, "Al Last" said:

I know it takes many pages to tape together but I've done that before.
I have a manual just ordered from Jeff Wager but client pressure to
repair it for the weekend if possible.

Thanks, Al Last

contact me at Remove the (dot) and replace with .

Most problems with Wurlitzers are bad or noisy microswitches. I
recommend that you test ECRY microswitch with an ohm-meter before
moving on to other potential issues. The other area to check are the
latch switches on the keyboard, clean them with a points file and
adjust to the manual.

Go to http://www.flippers.com/juke-tip.html and read that page...

John :-#)#

Typo...sigh... meant "test EVERY microswitch"

John :-#)#

Al Last June 9th 06 08:46 PM

Needed: Download site for Wurlitzer 3500 Zodiac SCHEMATIC

Thanks John for the advise. Yes I agree with you on the microsw problems. I
too have repaired many of the 3000 and american series. More than I really
want to admit to. I promised the wife I'd NEVER bring another of that series
in our garage again. Oh well, the things ya do for a buck. I have most of
the 1800-3700 manuals except the diac 3500. It is slightly different credit
accumulator. I already checked and replace about 4 micros last week. I've
adjusted and cleaned the selection panel and relay contacts etc. I need to
check the timing of the sw closures under the keyboard as I think RY2 START
relay isn't getting a chance to lock in fast enough to allow the stepper to
register the XY selection, rotate to it's location, and punch in the pin.

I'm working on it as I write this email so probably have it repaired before
manual arrives from Jeff Wager monday.

Thanks again, Al Last pins4us

On 2006-06-07 21:06:28 -0700, "Al Last" said:

[...]

Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757
or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers.com