CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Token I found? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=174823)

Raymond Dunne May 22nd 06 06:28 PM

Token I found?

Has anyone ever seen a token like this one? If so could you give me info
about it please. Thanks!

http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan12hz.jpg
http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/4513/scan3la.jpg

Stefano MacGregor May 22nd 06 09:27 PM

Token I found?

Raymond Dunne wrote:

Has anyone ever seen a token like this one? If so could you give me info
about it please. Thanks!

It has a hole in it.

--
Stefano

Ken Barr May 22nd 06 09:44 PM

Token I found?

In article , "Raymond Dunne"
wrote:

Has anyone ever seen a token like this one? If so could you give me info
about it please. Thanks!

http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan12hz.jpg
http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/4513/scan3la.jpg

I'm not sure of the origin or purpose of this medal, but it's
quite common. I probably have a half dozen of them in a box
somewhere around here (all holed as the imaged piece is), and
would be happy to sell them for a buck each retail.

I usually have to get rid of them by throwing them into a
"twenny pieces of cheap exonumia" lot that I throw in a local
coin club auction with a two dollar opening bid every now
and then ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website: