CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   VF or AU? You decide (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=119423)

James Higby March 6th 05 01:19 AM

VF or AU? You decide

Superior couldn't.

Gary Loveless March 6th 05 01:42 AM

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:19:48 -0600, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

Superior couldn't.

NOT GONNA SELL....................

Gary

Alan Williams March 6th 05 03:13 AM

Gary Loveless wrote:

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:19:48 -0600, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

Superior couldn't.

NOT GONNA SELL....................

Gary

I assume that's the silver plug variety? And adjustment marks at 4 and
10 o'clock? I know markets are volatile, but that some seriously
optimistic starting price, IMO.

Alan
'but waddoino?'

gogu March 6th 05 03:20 AM

Ο "James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Superior couldn't.

Dumb.
He says "AU25" but lower he cites the following grades:
-------------
MS 60-70 Uncirculated
AU 50, 53, 55, 58 About Uncirculated
XF 40, 45 Extremely Fine
VF 20, 25, 30, 35 Very Fine
F 12, 15 Fine
VG 8, 10 Very Good
G 4, 6 Good
AG 3 About Good
FR 2 Fair
PR 1 Poor

So after his own table, it's a VF25 and *not* an AU !
It's not going to sell at that price.

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Jeff R March 6th 05 04:58 AM

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message
Superior couldn't.

I'd like to see the label on the slab.

--
Jeff R.

gogu March 6th 05 01:51 PM

? "Stujoe" ?????? ??? ??????
t...
gogu spoke thusly...

So after his own table, it's a VF25 and *not* an AU !
It's not going to sell at that price.

I think Superior has some issues either with its software or the human
bean entering the grades:

http://www.superiorgalleries.com/sub...1=582&2=-1&6=1

I see grades such as:

MS55, MS30, MS45, MS53, etc

Hilarious !

None of which are correct MS grades. Other coins do say XF45, AU50, etc
so I am not sure where the problem lies but there is obviously a
problem.

Absolutely !
Look he
http://www.superiorgalleries.com/pro...&1=582&3=45931
The slab is an XF45 but he is presenting it as an ... MS45 !!!
IMO, he is deliberately misrepresenting his coins.

--

http://www.CoinPeople.com

gogu March 6th 05 01:53 PM

Ο "Jeff R" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
u...

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message
Superior couldn't.

I'd like to see the label on the slab.

I went to the page Stujoe suggested and I clicked on a coin described as ...
MS45 !
Well, it *is* a PCGS slab but it's an ... XF45 :-)
The guy is deliberately misrepresenting the coins he is selling, maybe
someone less knowledgeable will believe without watching the slab :-)

http://www.superiorgalleries.com/pro...&1=582&3=45931

His prices are also huge and IMO many coins (if not all) are overpriced !
I wonder if he sells any coins at all...

Ed. Stoebenau March 8th 05 07:00 AM

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:19:48 -0600, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

Superior couldn't.

I suspect their computer system just uses MSnumerical grade.
Stupid thing is the complete lack of description for the coin,
given its value and the fact it appears to be one of the
mint-plugged specimens. Maybe they just like throwing away ebay
fees.

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143

gogu March 8th 05 11:13 PM

? "Stujoe" ?????? ??? ??????
t...
gogu spoke thusly...
? "Stujoe" ?????? ??? ??????
t...
gogu spoke thusly...

So after his own table, it's a VF25 and *not* an AU !
It's not going to sell at that price.

I think Superior has some issues either with its software or the human
bean entering the grades:

http://www.superiorgalleries.com/sub...1=582&2=-1&6=1

I see grades such as:

MS55, MS30, MS45, MS53, etc

Hilarious !

None of which are correct MS grades. Other coins do say XF45, AU50, etc
so I am not sure where the problem lies but there is obviously a
problem.

Absolutely !
Look he
http://www.superiorgalleries.com/pro...&1=582&3=45931
The slab is an XF45 but he is presenting it as an ... MS45 !!!
IMO, he is deliberately misrepresenting his coins.

Not IMHO. They are making a mistake somewhere in their listing
procedures either on the human side or the computer side, IMHO.

Sure, I'm not saying I am 100% sure for them deliberately misrepresenting
their items, it's just not credible the "mistake" explanation to me...
They are not new sellers, they could have fix the bug if they wanted...
Anyway, their coins are out of my league...

gogu March 8th 05 11:20 PM

? "Ed. Stoebenau" ?????? ??? ??????
On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:19:48 -0600, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

Superior couldn't.

I suspect their computer system just uses MSnumerical grade.
Stupid thing is the complete lack of description for the coin,
given its value and the fact it appears to be one of the
mint-plugged specimens. Maybe they just like throwing away ebay
fees.

This is probably valid for their e-Bay auctions.
What about the coins on their site ?...
They also have the same "fault"...