CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bulgaria id please (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=251123)

Tony Vella June 18th 08 03:25 AM

Bulgaria id please

http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Rodney June 18th 08 03:59 AM

Bulgaria id please

Hello Tony,
SG1259 (1961) 4st
tourist issue photo
just says "hotel"

I have problems also with Bulgaria, the health spas etc
so you are not on your pat malone there :)

Gerhard Reichert June 18th 08 04:01 AM

Bulgaria id please

Tony Vella schrieb:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

1961, August 25th, set of four, Michel number 1250

kind regards

Gerhard

Blair (TC) June 18th 08 05:07 AM

Bulgaria id please

On Jun 17, 10:25 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://amedialuz.shorturl.com/

Tony:

I have looked at my Scotts for over 1 hour and found it.

It is Scott 1170 (SG 1262) issued 25 Aug 1961.

Scott 1170 - 1173 is a Hiking set of 4 values
(4, 12, 16 st, and 1.25 lev).

The 4 stot. (horizontal) showing a 'Sredetz' hostel ,
yellow-green, yellow and black is NOT illustrated.

Blair

..

Tony Vella June 18th 08 12:26 PM

Bulgaria id please

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Jun 17, 10:25 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://amedialuz.shorturl.com/

Tony:

I have looked at my Scotts for over 1 hour and found it.

It is Scott 1170 (SG 1262) issued 25 Aug 1961.

Scott 1170 - 1173 is a Hiking set of 4 values
(4, 12, 16 st, and 1.25 lev).

The 4 stot. (horizontal) showing a 'Sredetz' hostel ,
yellow-green, yellow and black is NOT illustrated.

Thank you Blair, Rodney, Gerhard. I got my hands on a couple of dozen
Bulgaria and that was the only one I couldn't find. At first I went by
instinct that the "artwork" looked like 50s, 60s or 70s but when I went
through those years again and again and didn't find it I decided I might as
well go through the rest. Bulgaria, indeed, has a way of doing this to
me -- I get catalogue-blindness with just about every new batch I acquire.
Thanks again, guys, for spending the time.
--
Tony

Blair (TC) June 18th 08 01:19 PM

Bulgaria id please

On Jun 18, 7:26 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

[...]

No problem Tony.

I find it difficult to sort through their issues, when it seems that
they issued
tons of thematic sets and nearly every one had a a bunch of low
values
(to sell to collectors of course).

Scott could do with a few more , clearer illustrations IMHO.

Blair

Rodney June 18th 08 01:58 PM

Bulgaria id please

I am one quarter the way through images of all Bulgaria to 1990
I have 892 scans
a quick search of 4 stotinki brought up 20 issues (but not Tony's :)

Amazingly I have every image of the 892 stamps in just one image
which comes out to 4.3 MB

If you want to see what it looks like in normal resolution :)
http://cjoint.com/data/gso0gEY0HT.htm

A click on "view actual size" and it "pings" to life.
(on my computer)

"Blair (TC)"

ilico February 21st 11 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodney (Post 575024)
"Blair (TC)"
I find it difficult to sort through their issues, when it seems that
they issued tons of thematic sets and nearly every one had a a bunch of
low
values (to sell to collectors of course).
Scott could do with a few more , clearer illustrations IMHO.
Blair

Hello guys,

I am new here but if you have problems with Bulgarian stamps don't hesitate to ask me -:)

Regards,
Tommy