CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Finally saw a $2 bill in a till (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=269962)

Duh_Oz April 7th 09 01:13 PM

Finally saw a $2 bill in a till

Been spending them for years, only have ever gotten one back in change
and for the first time in a few years I saw one in a till at
Walgreen's. Just told the clerk I'm glad I finally witnessed one
someone else used.. No idea if they will go back to the bank, but
at least they stand some chance of getting passed back to a customer
as change. Alas, most still go straight under the till.

Daniel[_4_] April 15th 09 01:03 AM

Finally saw a $2 bill in a till

"Duh_OZ" wrote in message
Been spending them for years, only have ever gotten one back in change
and for the first time in a few years I saw one in a till at
Walgreen's. Just told the clerk I'm glad I finally witnessed one
someone else used.. No idea if they will go back to the bank, but
at least they stand some chance of getting passed back to a customer
as change. Alas, most still go straight under the till.

Same here, I spend the $2 bill all the time. Last time I got a $2 bill back
was at Tom Jefferson's place, Montecello. I really do not know why the
clerks do not try to hand out the $2 bills, or at least ask if someone wants
them. A few time I have had people standing in line behind me want to buy
them off me!