CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rowe/AMI CD100-C Forgetting Settings (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324514)

Eric Woodland September 1st 18 03:29 AM

Rowe/AMI CD100-C Forgetting Settings

As the subject states, my Rowe/AMI CD100-C keeps forgetting its settings after 1-2 days off. Do these have a CMOS battery that needs to be replaced as on a computer's motherboard? Thanks in advance for any info!

John Robertson September 1st 18 08:38 PM

On 2018/08/31 7:29 PM, Eric Woodland wrote:
As the subject states, my Rowe/AMI CD100-C keeps forgetting its settings after 1-2 days off. Do these have a CMOS battery that needs to be replaced as on a computer's motherboard? Thanks in advance for any info!

Yes, and it is a soldered in lithium battery. Rowe very nicely did not
use Ni-Cad rechargeable batteries which can leak with bad results for
the CD machines AFAIK!

Check across the battery - should be at least 2.5VDC to 3.0VDC. Below
that and it is time to replace it.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Eric Woodland September 4th 18 01:58 PM

Rowe/AMI CD100-C Forgetting Settings

Thanks, John! Where exactly is that lithium battery located?

Regards,

Eric

John Robertson September 4th 18 03:45 PM

On 2018/09/04 5:58 AM, Eric Woodland wrote:
Thanks, John! Where exactly is that lithium battery located?

Regards,

Eric

Take the cover off the computer that is on the inside back wall of the
jukebox. It is the round thin cylindrical metal thingy soldered
(typically) to the circuit board.

Looks something like this:

https://allfixelectrical.com.au/prod...th-solder-tags

That supplier is a high on pricing though. The part number for the
battery should be visible, you can search for a supplier based on that.

Eric Woodland September 4th 18 04:04 PM

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 10:45:18 AM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/09/04 5:58 AM, Eric Woodland wrote:
Thanks, John! Where exactly is that lithium battery located?

Regards,

Eric

Take the cover off the computer that is on the inside back wall of the
jukebox. It is the round thin cylindrical metal thingy soldered
(typically) to the circuit board.

Looks something like this:

https://allfixelectrical.com.au/prod...th-solder-tags

That supplier is a high on pricing though. The part number for the
battery should be visible, you can search for a supplier based on that.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Thanks, John! I'll pull the cover and see what I'm working with. Until then, I'll make sure to power-on the unit at least once daily so it doesn't forget the settings.

-Eric

J.B. Wood September 5th 18 11:34 AM

On 09/04/2018 10:45 AM, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/09/04 5:58 AM, Eric Woodland wrote:
Thanks, John! Where exactly is that lithium battery located?

Regards,

Eric

Take the cover off the computer that is on the inside back wall of the
jukebox. It is the round thin cylindrical metal thingy soldered
(typically) to the circuit board.

Hello, and can a device that plays CDs or MP3s really be a "jukebox"?
At best it's a coin-operated media player ;-). Commercially viable,
yes, but do you really want to have it in your game room at home next to
your vintage pinball games? (OK, not everyone can shell out for a fully
restored Wurlitzer 1015). Sincerely, with vinyl in mind,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Eric Woodland September 12th 18 08:55 PM

Rowe/AMI CD100-C Forgetting Settings

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 10:45:18 AM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/09/04 5:58 AM, Eric Woodland wrote:
Thanks, John! Where exactly is that lithium battery located?

Regards,

Eric

Take the cover off the computer that is on the inside back wall of the
jukebox. It is the round thin cylindrical metal thingy soldered
(typically) to the circuit board.

Looks something like this:

https://allfixelectrical.com.au/prod...th-solder-tags

That supplier is a high on pricing though. The part number for the
battery should be visible, you can search for a supplier based on that.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

John - I soldered a 2xAA (3v) battery unit to the terminals and it's holding steady! Thanks again for the insight.

-Eric

John Robertson September 12th 18 10:55 PM

On 2018/09/12 12:55 PM, Eric Woodland wrote:
[...]

I hope you have that battery pack off the board and out of the way -
long wires and store in a zip-lock baggie. Most non-lithium batteries leak.

Best to use a lithium instead of regular Alkaline AAs - you will forget
about the AAs and they WILL leak!

Eric Woodland September 28th 18 06:14 PM

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 2:55:07 PM UTC-7, John Robertson wrote:
[...]

I picked-up a black plastic 2x AA holder along with velcro. Soldered the wires to the board and routed the holder to the outside of the housing where its affixed using the velcro. Easy to access/replace. I didn't bother with the plastic bag, because we are inside the unit frequently changing CDs, etc. I'll keep an eye on it though!

Regards,

Eric