CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HOF Commemoratives (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322952)

Jud July 26th 14 02:40 PM

HOF Commemoratives

I ordered 1 each Baseball HOF commemorative coins on March 28. They have been showing up 1 at a time. I received email from the mint saying that my back ordered proof $5 coin would be shipped on Aug 1. Then I got another email a day later saying that it was now sold out. Oh no! Not again! Hey USMint, get your **** together!

Ken Barr July 27th 14 08:40 AM

HOF Commemoratives

In article ,
Jud wrote:

I ordered 1 each Baseball HOF commemorative coins on March 28. They have been
showing up 1 at a time. I received email from the mint saying that my back
ordered proof $5 coin would be shipped on Aug 1. Then I got another email a
day later saying that it was now sold out. Oh no! Not again! Hey USMint, get
your **** together!

I only ordered a few half dollerz, to use as coin club raffle prizes,
and they arrived about as originally promised ($19.95 ea, plus prorated
postage).

They then quickly shot up to $30 "bid" on the Greysheet, so I was quite
surprised to be offered a large quantity at the Fremont Coin Club show
this Saturday at $23 per. Checked the latest Greysheet and they're down
to $25 "bid" already. Sure looks like a short-term bubble on this issue
has burst already ...

(FWIW, I did buy ten at $23 each ... some for retail fodder, and
probably some for more coin club raffle prizes ...). Tenbackabid is
fine with me ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com