CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   BOB KELLY'S RARE COINS (buyer beware) (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=325788)

[email protected] December 16th 20 01:17 AM

BOB KELLY'S RARE COINS (buyer beware)

On Thursday, April 17, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, jfulford wrote:
Actually, my dealings with Bob Kelly have been for the most part normal.
The only slightly out of kilter aspect dealt with the the 1883/82 shield
nickel - which until one of the trade magazines ran an article on
identifying the real item caused a lot of mislabeled coins. In my case I
assumed the coin would probably be a 1882 with a cracked die and bought
it as such.
For the most part the nickels (3 cent, shield, and liberty) are graded
and priced about right - slightly overgraded and priced for the correct
grade. No problem once you get the system. As for buffaloes - I don't
collect them.
jim fulford