CollectingBanter

-   8 Track Tapes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   FOR SALE: Easy-Listen 8 Trax: Unsealed: CA, USA (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11)

JCC June 28th 03 05:18 AM

FOR SALE: Easy-Listen 8 Trax: Unsealed: CA, USA

(Long message) Mom's cleaning out her attic! Quality unknown; unable
to test each tape because she sold her 8-track player. Location:
Orange County, California.

==PRICE==
$1.00 each
$25.00 for all of them
Shipping costs (packaging and postage) will depend on where you're
located.

Contact:

==CATEGORIES==
*1930's Music
*Big Band
*Movie Soundtracks
*Christmas & Gospel
*

==1930's MUSIC=====================================
"Thanks for the Memories" - 3 tape set ($3)
Reader's Digest (c) 1978
Tapes come in a yellow plastic case, with a great little booklet in
good shape that describes each song and the orchestra that recorded
it.
Sample Song Titles:
On the Sunny Side of the Street / Them There Eyes / All of Me / Lazy
River / Goodnight Sweetheart / Shuffle Off to Buffalo / I've Got the
World on a String / The Way You Look Tonight / Pennies from Heaven /
Thanks for the Memory / Jeepers Creepers / I'm Gonna Sit Right Down
and Write Myself a Letter / A-Tisket A-Tasket / South of the Border
(Down Mexico Way) / You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby / Auf
Weidersehn, My Dear / Smoke Gets in Your Eyes / Blue Moon / I Only
Have Eyes for You / Moon Over Miami / On the Good Ship Lollipop / The
Very Thought of You / You Oughta Be in Pictures / Top Hat, White Tie
and Tails / Carioca / I'm in the Mood for Love / Cheek to Cheek ...
and many more songs.
(Suddenly, I'm getting teary... my mom used to sing many of these
songs to me when I was a child. Do I really want to sell this tape
set??? Sniff-sniff.)

==BIG-BAND==============================================
"G.I. Jo: Jo Stafford Sings the Songs of WWII" - ($1)
Paul Weston and His Orchestra
Corinthian 8-Track Stereo
Some Titles:
You'll Never Know / I'll Remember April / It Could Happen to You /
I'll Be Seeing You.

"Peggy Lee Sings with Benny Goodman" - ($1)
(c) 1976 CBS, Inc.
Electronically re-recorded to simulate stereo.
Some Titles:
Elmer's Tune / We'll Meet Again / All I Need is You / Not a Care in
the World.

"Remembering the '40s" - 3 tape set ($3)
(c) 1977 The Reader's Digest Association
All the big names are included.

"The Beat of the Big Bands" ($1)
Harry James and His Orchestra
(c) 1976 CBS, Inc.
Song Titles:
One for My Baby / Perdido / Route 66 / I'll Remember April / Tenderly
/ The Man with the Horn / Two O'Clock Jump / You Made Me Love You /
The Flight of the Bumble Bee / The Moon of Manakoora.

"This Is the Big Band Era" - ($1)
(c) 1971 RCA/Victor P8S-5099
Stereo Effect Reprocessed from Monophonic
From Original Orchestras' recordings
Some Titles:
Don't Be That Way / A String of Pearls / Take the "A" Train / In the
Mood / Begin the Beguine / Frenesi.

==MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS================================
"Funny Lady" - ($1)
Original Soundtrack.
(c) 1975 Arista Records, Inc.

"Manhattan" - ($1)
Music from the Woody Allen Film, including selections from the
original soundtrack.
(c) 1979 CBS, Inc. Columbia TC8 (c) 1979 United Artists Corporation.

"The Way We Were" - ($1)
Original movie sountrack.
(c) 1974 CBS, Inc. Columbia TC8

==CHRISTMAS & GOSPEL==================================
"Dreaming of a White Christmas" - ($1)
(c) 1977 Management Agency and Music; (c) 1980 CBS, Inc.
Featured Artists:
Engelbert Humperdink / Tony Bennett / Barbra Streisand / Simon and
Garfunkel / Andy Williams / Johnny Mathis w/ Percy Faith & Orchestra /
Jim Nabors / Aretha Franklin / Mike Douglas.

"Home for the Holidays" - ($1)
(c) 1978 MCA Records
Featured Artists:
The Pat Boone Family / Bing Crosby / Robert Shaw & Orchestra / Roger
Williams / Jack Jones / The Brady Bunch / Pete Fountain / Lawrence
Welk / Loretta Lynn / Burl Ives / Liberace.

"The Coming of the King" - ($1)
(c) 1980 Guideposts