CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   WAR ON PROOFS - "Destroy your proofs for $10" promotion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38729)

Jerome G. November 26th 04 01:06 PM

WAR ON PROOFS - "Destroy your proofs for $10" promotion

As I previously mentioned, I loathe proofs.

But I have turned my loathing into something positive.
I am proud to announce a new promotion, a first ever
for my dealership.

Until 1 December 2004, I will _pay_ US$10 to anyone here
who destroys their own proofs.

Conditions of promotion:

(1) Coins must be destroyed by vigorous scratching with
a compass or similar sharp object.

(2) Entrants must send before and after photos of the
scratched coins to me via email. The photos must be
in focus and show the scratching clearly. The photos
must not be altered in any way by imaging software
(Photoshop etc).

(3) US$10 will be paid for each proof destroyed.

(4) Only one entry per person.

cheers
J.

Jim Wild November 26th 04 02:08 PM

Sorry Jerome, I thought you were a coin collector with a minimal gripe.

Seems like you are mentally disturbed now,,, And live in the UK. Sorry.

Breathe in, Breathe out,,,, And take your meds.

Edward McGrath November 26th 04 02:14 PM

Jerome can we scratch our proof coins using the point on top of your
head?. Jerome you're a phucking troll!!!

DFloyd November 26th 04 04:54 PM

(Jim Wild) wrote in news:15663-41A738F4-225@storefull-
3315.bay.webtv.net:

,,, And live in the UK. Sorry.

Wrong hemisphere.

RAV November 26th 04 05:45 PM

On 26 Nov 2004 05:06:40 -0800, (Jerome G.)
wrote:

Snip
(3) US$10 will be paid for each proof destroyed.

Snip

I might be interested if you pay with pre-scratched proof coins.

richard schumacher November 26th 04 06:12 PM

In article ,
(Jim Wild) wrote:

Sorry Jerome, I thought you were a coin collector with a minimal gripe.

Seems like you are mentally disturbed now,,, And live in the UK. Sorry.

Breathe in, Breathe out,,,, And take your meds.

It's the "Scrooge McDuck" ploy: he wants to make his own more valuable
by destroying others'.

Scot Kamins November 26th 04 06:43 PM

In article ,
richard schumacher wrote:

In article ,
(Jim Wild) wrote:

Sorry Jerome, I thought you were a coin collector with a minimal gripe.

Seems like you are mentally disturbed now,,, And live in the UK. Sorry.

Breathe in, Breathe out,,,, And take your meds.

It's the "Scrooge McDuck" ploy: he wants to make his own more valuable
by destroying others'.

No. Some people are just A-holes. He's one. I killfiled him after I saw
two other troll posts of his in other threads in this newsgroup.

f b November 26th 04 08:51 PM

snipped the s**t
How many times must we flush before you will go away?
wankess

~ Farmers Fighting For Farmers ~
http://www.geocities.com/ampa_ltd/

Jake Maplethorpe Jnr November 27th 04 06:32 AM

(Jerome G.) wrote in message . com...
As I previously mentioned, I loathe proofs.

But I have turned my loathing into something positive.
I am proud to announce a new promotion, a first ever
for my dealership.

Until 1 December 2004, I will _pay_ US$10 to anyone here
who destroys their own proofs.

Conditions of promotion:

(1) Coins must be destroyed by vigorous scratching with
a compass or similar sharp object.

(2) Entrants must send before and after photos of the
scratched coins to me via email. The photos must be
in focus and show the scratching clearly. The photos
must not be altered in any way by imaging software
(Photoshop etc).

(3) US$10 will be paid for each proof destroyed.

(4) Only one entry per person.

Jerome

Thankyou for this opportunity. I have a 1980 set of US proof coins,
presented in pretentious plastic casing. I'll email you the before
and after pictures - what a lark. All the best with your business -
the medieval English coins arrived in the mail last Thursday and they
are absolutely superb. Thankyou for the prompt service and the care
you
have taken in presenting them.

sincerely
Jake Maplethorpe

Jake Maplethorpe Jnr November 28th 04 11:17 AM

(f b) wrote in message ...

snipped the s**t
How many times must we flush before you will go away?
wankess

Go and molest some more barnyard animals.

Jake Maplethorpe