CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cool Golden Dollar novelty found in roll (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28510)

Fred Shecter October 15th 03 03:07 PM

Cool Golden Dollar novelty found in roll

I found a Golden Dollar with a sticker on the obverse side. It shows a guy in a hard hat
and around the image of the guy it says "RUDOLPH AND SLETTEN SAFETY DIVIDEND".

I suspect it is given to employees as part of their safety program. Kind of cool.

http://www.rsconstruction.com/services/safety/

-Fred Shecter

--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Ken Barr October 15th 03 04:12 PM

In article , "Fred Shecter"
wrote:

I found a Golden Dollar with a sticker on the obverse side. It shows a guy
in a hard hat
and around the image of the guy it says "RUDOLPH AND SLETTEN SAFETY
DIVIDEND".

I suspect it is given to employees as part of their safety program. Kind of
cool.

http://www.rsconstruction.com/services/safety/

It's a San Francisco Bay Area construction company that has
been using sticker dollers to reward their employees for
safe work practices for decades. I have one on a SoozieB
around here somewhere ... haven't seen one on a Sacabuck
in person yet ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:

Bob Gilreath October 15th 03 08:44 PM

Ken Barr wrote:
In article , "Fred Shecter"
wrote:

I found a Golden Dollar with a sticker on the obverse side. It shows a guy
in a hard hat
and around the image of the guy it says "RUDOLPH AND SLETTEN SAFETY
DIVIDEND".

I suspect it is given to employees as part of their safety program. Kind of
cool.

http://www.rsconstruction.com/services/safety/

It's a San Francisco Bay Area construction company that has
been using sticker dollers to reward their employees for
safe work practices for decades. I have one on a SoozieB
around here somewhere ... haven't seen one on a Sacabuck
in person yet ...

I have a card here at work from my director, labeled
"this Bucks For you"

and it came with a suzie for job well done.

Bob

Fred Shecter October 15th 03 09:38 PM

As luck would have it, we are working on a coin design here at work.

The aircrews of the USAF carry unit coins. Boeing started making their own last year with
a "Quality Coin". Now our IPT (a glorified 'department') wants to make their own to give
to employees and guests, customers, suppliers. of course they are in rush to figure out a
design.

I'm suggesting something holographic that shows the outside of the C-17 and then when you
tilt the coin you can see the inside.

I'm predicting they choose a dopey slogan....

-Fred Shecter

--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

"Bob Gilreath" wrote in message ...

Daniel Peart October 17th 03 05:16 AM

Do you want to sell it?

How much?

Daniel :-) & Danielle ;-)

Daniel Peart October 17th 03 05:17 AM

Do you want to sell the Suzie B?

How much?

Daniel :-) & Danielle ;)

Daniel Peart October 17th 03 05:18 AM

Do you want to sell it?

How much?

Daniel :-) & Danielle ;-)

"Bob Gilreath" wrote in message

Daniel Peart October 17th 03 05:20 AM

Let us know what's going to be the design.

[...]

Fred Shecter October 17th 03 02:00 PM

If I get a good offer I'll sell it. At this time it's sitting in my little bag of
interesting dollars (which includes a few of the Gold Plated and "colorized" dollars found
in rolls).

Feel free to make an offer. Otherwise I can always post it on eBay when I get in the mood.

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...shreadv ector