CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   US Mint come through (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=289713)

Scurvy Dog[_2_] April 8th 10 09:30 PM

US Mint come through

I rec'd my War Vets and Boy Scout BU dollars within 10 days of ordering them.
Both appear to be MS70, since I can't seem to spot a single flaw on them under
10X magnifcation.
Well done, US Mint.

EricBabula[_2_] April 8th 10 09:47 PM

US Mint come through

On Apr 8, 3:30*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
I rec'd my War Vets and Boy Scout BU dollars within 10 days of ordering them.
Both appear to be MS70, since I can't seem to spot a single flaw on them under
10X magnifcation.
Well done, US Mint.

Hurry! Get them to PCGS right away! :)

EricBabula[_2_] April 9th 10 02:58 PM

US Mint come through

On Apr 9, 1:58*am, sgt23 wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:47*pm, EricBabula wrote:

On Apr 8, 3:30*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

I rec'd my War Vets and Boy Scout BU dollars within 10 days of ordering them.
Both appear to be MS70, since I can't seem to spot a single flaw on them under
10X magnifcation.
Well done, US Mint.

Hurry! Get them to PCGS right away! *:)

Why?

Slab 'em at PCGS MS70. Sell 'em for a killing! Buy others (maybe
MS67ish) and be happy with those, and a few extra bucks in your
wallet.

Or, keep 'em and enjoy the heck out of 'em!!!

Michael Benveniste[_2_] April 9th 10 03:09 PM

US Mint come through

"EricBabula" wrote:

Hurry! Get them to PCGS right away! :)

Why?

Slab 'em at PCGS MS70. Sell 'em for a killing!

sardonic
This month, MS70 isn't good enough. To make a killing, you
have to get PCGS to slab them as MS70+ _and_ get a CAC
sticker to indicate they aren't below average MS70+ coins.
/sardonic

(Yes, PCGS does have a spot on its price grid for MS70+.)

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Scurvy Dog[_2_] April 9th 10 03:44 PM

US Mint come through

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message
"EricBabula" wrote:

Hurry! Get them to PCGS right away! :)
Why?

Slab 'em at PCGS MS70. Sell 'em for a killing!

sardonic
This month, MS70 isn't good enough. To make a killing, you
have to get PCGS to slab them as MS70+ _and_ get a CAC
sticker to indicate they aren't below average MS70+ coins.
/sardonic

(Yes, PCGS does have a spot on its price grid for MS70+.)

Then, of course, you have to have a MS70+ with a CAC sticker.
What a load of bull****...

EricBabula[_2_] April 9th 10 04:35 PM

US Mint come through

On Apr 9, 9:44*am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Then, of course, you have to have a MS70+ with a CAC sticker.
What a load of bull****...

Anyone know what ever happened to the idea of a 100-point grading
system? That was a while back, and I've been out of it for a while.
Apparently, that never got enough traction, yet???

Bruce Remick April 9th 10 05:40 PM

US Mint come through

"EricBabula" wrote in message
On Apr 9, 9:44 am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Then, of course, you have to have a MS70+ with a CAC sticker.
What a load of bull****...

Anyone know what ever happened to the idea of a 100-point grading
system? That was a while back, and I've been out of it for a while.
Apparently, that never got enough traction, yet???
++++++++++

The 100 point grading system is set to be applied exclusively to the popular
MS70 grade, and will be designed to attract collectors of lesser means to
the world of MS70. I believe it's going to kick off on April 1, 2011.

EricBabula[_2_] April 9th 10 08:12 PM

US Mint come through

On Apr 9, 11:40*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"EricBabula" wrote in message

On Apr 9, 9:44 am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Then, of course, you have to have a MS70+ with a CAC sticker.
What a load of bull****...

Anyone know what ever happened to the idea of a 100-point grading
system? That was a while back, and I've been out of it for a while.
Apparently, that never got enough traction, yet???
++++++++++

The 100 point grading system is set to be applied exclusively to the popular
MS70 grade, and will be designed to attract collectors of lesser means to
the world of MS70. *I believe it's going to kick off on April 1, 2011.

Hey, Bruce! Good to see another familiar name - I guess there ARE
still some people still around from when I used to read/post! You,
Reid, Mike B., James (Mr. Jaggers), Alan Bruns......wonder how many
others!

I guess I gotta read up on that 100-pt grading crap. Not that it
matters that much to me, per se, but I should at least know what it's
all about.

Eric Babula

Mr. Jaggers April 9th 10 08:40 PM

US Mint come through

EricBabula wrote:
[...]

Um, Eric, kindly notice Bruce's starting date for the kickoff!

As far as I know, the 100-point deal is defunct, as it was not received well
by dealers. And PCGS would not likely be investing in this new "plus
grading" scheme of theirs if they thought it was going to be supplanted any
time soon. But, who knows, ya gotta have a gimmick, so anything is
possible.

James, Marveling Daily at New Wonders