CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rock-Ola Juke Box Model No 481 Phonograph (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=128350)

gary smith May 8th 05 10:35 AM

Rock-Ola Juke Box Model No 481 Phonograph

I am looking to buy this unit. It has two wall boxes and a hideaway unit. I
have been told "the wall boxes are ok but they have no keys. It is
selecting the wrong records, seems to have a mind of its own! Also the
turntable is unreliable."
Any suggestions to the possible cause would be greatly received.
Thanks

CHARLIE MAIER May 10th 05 01:45 AM

You maybe lucky with the keys, Rockola used a G-200 key when it sold
wallboxes in quanities. I have that key and can lend it to you to try
it. Otherwise take to a locksmith and have him open them and cut new
keys.
Wrong records could be anything from the records in the wrong slot, to
a fault on the logic board, to a fault on the opto board to a crack in
the opto adjustment disc. None of these are major problems. Could also
be caused by the wallbox or the pulse convertor, rare. Does it always
play the same wrong record? ie 154 for 125?
Charlie Maier

CHARLIE MAIER May 10th 05 01:46 AM

I forgot, what do you mean the turntable is unreliable? Doesn't it pay
it's blls ontime?
CM

Laamaman May 10th 05 07:50 PM

Thanks Charlie,
I'm going to look at the jukebox this weekend so I'll get some more info.
not sure if it always plays the same wrong record, I'll ask and get back to
you.
Regards Gary
oups.com...