CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Newbie question. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=320599)

gogu[_9_] March 11th 12 08:09 PM

Newbie question.

Hi all!
I'm new in stamps collecting and I have a question that may seem stupid to
you but...;-)
I am on Vatican's mailing list and I received their order form for the
latest stamps.
In the included leaflet for a certain stamp I read:
Valore facciale: 0,60 euros
Foglio da: 10 francobolli

On the order form I see for the same stamp:
Price 0,60 euros
And then if I want to order "Mint Sets", "Cancelled Sets" etc.

My question is what does "Mint set" means?!
Sure, I know what a mint set in coins is but I don't know what it is in
stamps!
Is a "Mint Set" the entire "Foglio", meaning 10 stamps?
So when I order 1 Mint Set does it mean that I'm actually ordering 10 stamps
so I have to multiply the price reported above (0,60 euros) per 10?

TIA even if my question seems stupid to you;-)

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Blair (TC) March 11th 12 09:09 PM

Newbie question.

On Mar 11, 3:09*pm, "gogu" wrote:
[...]

Coins, travels and mohttp://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...org/index.html

Hello:

In the case of stamp collecting, a mint (not cancelled or used)
set is a set of 1 copy of each DIFFERENT stamp in the set.

So if your Vatican set has only one stamp, then the mint set also
has only one stamp. Price 60 Euro cents.

A "foglio" is Italian for a sheet. In your case, the stamp was
printed in sheets of ten stamps, so the price of the sheet is
six Euros.

Mint stamps can be mint and have been hinged (MH) or
mint NOT hinged (MNH). The hinged stamps will be
missing some gum on the back. Mint hinged stamps
may sell for less than mint NOT hinged stamps.

I hope that this helps you.

Blair

Victor Manta March 11th 12 09:21 PM

Newbie question.

"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
snip

Due to the return address (which I won't translate from Romanian) this
posting is not appropriate for this newsgroup.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

gogu[_9_] March 11th 12 10:34 PM

Newbie question.

? "Blair (TC)" ?????? ??? ??????
On Mar 11, 3:09 pm, "gogu" wrote:
[...]

------------

Thanks a lot Blair, you were of great help!

gogu[_9_] March 11th 12 10:38 PM

Newbie question.

? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
snip

Due to the return address (which I won't translate from Romanian) this
posting is not appropriate for this newsgroup.

???
You are wrong!
This is a spamtrap address and of course it's a "retaliation" to some
neo-nazi conationals!
If you have a problem with the address and don't care about the content of
the posting...what can I say...
Anyway, I don't recall anyone asking you to translate my spamtrap address...

Victor Manta March 11th 12 11:42 PM

Newbie question.

"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
snip

Due to the return address (which I won't translate from Romanian) this
posting is not appropriate for this newsgroup.

???
You are wrong!
This is a spamtrap address and of course it's a "retaliation" to some
neo-nazi conationals!
If you have a problem with the address and don't care about the content of
the posting...what can I say...
Anyway, I don't recall anyone asking you to translate my spamtrap
address...

From the RCSD Charter:

"Language:

Rec.collecting.stamps.discuss is an international forum and articles may be
posted in any language. Since the continuation of the hobby requires that we
involve children and make them interested and comfortable as collectors,
profanity is prohibited (and is truly unnecessary for discussing stamps). "

http://www.pwmo.org/rcsd-charter-and-faq.htm

Because the e-mail address of the poster is obviously _obscene_ for any
Romanian speaking person (and for this reason a translation of it would
again infringe our Charter), anything he writes doesn't belong to this ng.

gogu[_9_] March 12th 12 12:13 AM

Newbie question.

? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
snip

Due to the return address (which I won't translate from Romanian) this
posting is not appropriate for this newsgroup.

???
You are wrong!
This is a spamtrap address and of course it's a "retaliation" to some
neo-nazi conationals!
If you have a problem with the address and don't care about the content
of the posting...what can I say...
Anyway, I don't recall anyone asking you to translate my spamtrap
address...

From the RCSD Charter:

"Language:

Rec.collecting.stamps.discuss is an international forum and articles may
be posted in any language. Since the continuation of the hobby requires
that we involve children and make them interested and comfortable as
collectors, profanity is prohibited (and is truly unnecessary for
discussing stamps). "

http://www.pwmo.org/rcsd-charter-and-faq.htm

Because the e-mail address of the poster is obviously _obscene_ for any
Romanian speaking person (and for this reason a translation of it would
again infringe our Charter), anything he writes doesn't belong to this ng.

Romanul tot Roman...
Ba si constipat pe deasupra...
Sa nu mentinoam si gindirea comunista de a controla totul si a interzice ce
nu ii place...
Sinteti de plins tataie, nu de geaba toata lumea va considera niste
inapoiati si primitivi...
Apropo, nicaieri nu spune nimic de...adrese!
Vorbeste de "language of discussion" si nu de "adrese nedorite de niste
complexati"!
Dar repet: romanul provincial tot roman provincial...
Si tot comunist...
Apropo, cine te a facut moderator?...
Lasa, intrebarea era retorica.
Mi-e lehamite de alde voi comunistilor!

Victor Manta March 12th 12 03:07 PM

Newbie question.

"gogu" wrote in message
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
snip

Due to the return address (which I won't translate from Romanian) this
posting is not appropriate for this newsgroup.

???
You are wrong!
This is a spamtrap address and of course it's a "retaliation" to some
neo-nazi conationals!
If you have a problem with the address and don't care about the content
of the posting...what can I say...
Anyway, I don't recall anyone asking you to translate my spamtrap
address...

From the RCSD Charter:

"Language:

Rec.collecting.stamps.discuss is an international forum and articles may
be posted in any language. Since the continuation of the hobby requires
that we involve children and make them interested and comfortable as
collectors, profanity is prohibited (and is truly unnecessary for
discussing stamps). "

http://www.pwmo.org/rcsd-charter-and-faq.htm

Because the e-mail address of the poster is obviously _obscene_ for any
Romanian speaking person (and for this reason a translation of it would
again infringe our Charter), anything he writes doesn't belong to this
ng.

Romanul tot Roman...
snip

This posting, written in Romanian to hide its uncivilized contents from the
majority of participants, also violates our charter:

"The following are prohibited:

Unsubstantiated adverse comments about any collector or dealer. "

gogu[_9_] March 12th 12 08:30 PM

Newbie question.

? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" wrote in message
"The following are prohibited:

Unsubstantiated adverse comments about any collector or dealer. "

I tried, you don't want to understand...you are hopeless.

So if you don't like something in my postings please in the future restrain
yourself from answering.

You are not welcomed.

Victor Manta March 12th 12 10:11 PM

Newbie question.

"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
"The following are prohibited:

Unsubstantiated adverse comments about any collector or dealer. "

I tried, you don't want to understand...you are hopeless.

So if you don't like something in my postings please in the future
restrain yourself from answering.

You are not welcomed.

We in this ng are interested in stamps and most of us collect them for a
long time.

It is common knowledge that the participants are not interested in novelties
like "spamtraps", "retaliation", foul language, etc.

Therefore to bring something useful here get a life, for example by
collecting stamps!

--
Victor Manta