CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Austria 1935 question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=310754)

Blair (TC) March 16th 11 11:23 AM

Austria 1935 question

In the Austrian 1935 costume stamps, there are two varieties of the 6g
blue.
A scan can be seen at :
http://www.gothicstamps.com/inventory/images/35365.jpg
The reingraved stamp had one ear changed, I am told.

Could anyone please tell me how to tell one from the other?
A larger picture wouls be appreciated.

Thank You.

Blair

rod222 March 16th 11 01:48 PM

Austria 1935 question

http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Blair (TC) March 16th 11 06:51 PM

Austria 1935 question

On Mar 16, 9:48*am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

Blair

Tony Clayton[_2_] March 17th 11 12:16 PM

Austria 1935 question

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Mar 16, 9:48 am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

It is fairly obvious to the naked eye (assuming reasonable eyesight)
when you know what to look for. I would agree that glasses help.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

I have both types in mint and used.

The shade of one stamp is slightly different from that of the other three,
which look the
same blue to me. I suspect it is simply a matter of minor variations in the
printing process rather than a particular type-shade relationship.

See http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/austria/017043.jpg

--
Tony Clayton

Blair (TC) March 17th 11 07:10 PM

Austria 1935 question

On Mar 17, 8:16*am, "Tony Clayton" wrote:
Blair (TC) wrote:
On Mar 16, 9:48 am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

It is fairly obvious to the naked eye (assuming reasonable eyesight)
when you know what to look for. *I would agree that glasses help.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

I have both types in mint and used.

The shade of one stamp is slightly different from that of the other three,
which look the
same blue to me. *I suspect it is simply a matter of minor variations in the
printing process rather than a particular type-shade relationship.

Seehttp://www.italianstamps.co.uk/austria/017043.jpg

--
Tony Clayton

Thanks very much Tony.
Blair

Blair (TC) March 17th 11 08:46 PM

Austria 1935 question

On Mar 16, 9:48*am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

For Rodney and the others who are interested,
here is my new image to show the difference.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201103/cijWZMsGB2.jpg

Blair

ilico March 18th 11 04:25 PM

Austria 1935 question