CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Banknotes with "stamp" (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=247900)

noteworthy April 25th 08 11:08 PM

Banknotes with "stamp"

These notes don't interest me but I have been facinated by the
gullibility of people. Banknotes with "Nazi SS stamps". I have seen a
lot of them listed and they are so obviously fake stamps. While some
of the auctions contain a disclaimer about the stamps they are selling
the notes for substantially more than their krause listed value and
imply added value. Some of the notes are used and have unsmudged clear
stamps on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-NAZI-RARE-WA...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOTENKOPF-WAFFEN...QQcmdZViewItem

Tommy Hillbilly April 26th 08 12:26 AM

Banknotes with "stamp"

"noteworthy" wrote in message
These notes don't interest me but I have been facinated by the
gullibility of people. Banknotes with "Nazi SS stamps". I have seen a
lot of them listed and they are so obviously fake stamps. While some
of the auctions contain a disclaimer about the stamps they are selling
the notes for substantially more than their krause listed value and
imply added value. Some of the notes are used and have unsmudged clear
stamps on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-NAZI-RARE-WA...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOTENKOPF-WAFFEN...QQcmdZViewItem

I have never seen or heard of them before about 12 months ago, now they are
all over the place, and as you note - gullible idiots buying them.