CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Worth? 1999d quarter lamination error (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=176101)

[email protected] June 3rd 06 05:46 PM

Worth? 1999d quarter lamination error

Just found in change a 1999d quarter (Delaware) with an apparent
lamination error. Obverse is normal, although worn down to probably a
AU condition at best - no apparent scratches, dinks, major problems.
Obverse is apparently in copper - appears to be missing the top layer.
Obverse does have a hairline scratch, possibly from a coin, near the
horse's face extending to the edge of the coin.

I know error coins are collectible. This is the first major lamination
error I have found. How rare is it?

Daniel B. Wheeler

frank wight June 3rd 06 09:04 PM

wrote:
Just found in change a 1999d quarter (Delaware) with an apparent
lamination error. Obverse is normal, although worn down to probably a
AU condition at best - no apparent scratches, dinks, major problems.
Obverse is apparently in copper - appears to be missing the top layer.
Obverse does have a hairline scratch, possibly from a coin, near the
horse's face extending to the edge of the coin.

I know error coins are collectible. This is the first major lamination
error I have found. How rare is it?

Daniel B. Wheeler

I'll pay you $4,000 for it.

Jerry Dennis June 4th 06 04:40 PM

wrote:
Just found in change a 1999d quarter (Delaware) with an apparent
lamination error. Obverse is normal, although worn down to probably a
AU condition at best - no apparent scratches, dinks, major problems.
Obverse is apparently in copper - appears to be missing the top layer.
Obverse does have a hairline scratch, possibly from a coin, near the
horse's face extending to the edge of the coin.

I know error coins are collectible. This is the first major lamination
error I have found. How rare is it?

Daniel B. Wheeler

I'm not familiar with the prices of errors like yours, but what you
describe as an AU coin may, in fact, be a weak strike. With the
reverse layer missing, you'd have a thinner planchet, meaning you
wouldn't get a full strike. It's a nice find, regardless.

Jerry

[email protected] June 5th 06 05:42 PM

frank wight wrote:
wrote:
Just found in change a 1999d quarter (Delaware) with an apparent
lamination error. Obverse is normal, although worn down to probably a
AU condition at best - no apparent scratches, dinks, major problems.
Obverse is apparently in copper - appears to be missing the top layer.
Obverse does have a hairline scratch, possibly from a coin, near the
horse's face extending to the edge of the coin.

I know error coins are collectible. This is the first major lamination
error I have found. How rare is it?

Daniel B. Wheeler

I'll pay you $4,000 for it.

Are you serious?

Daniel B. Wheeler

note.boy June 5th 06 10:42 PM

Worth? 1999d quarter lamination error

wrote in message
oups.com...

frank wight wrote:
wrote:
Just found in change a 1999d quarter (Delaware) with an apparent
lamination error. Obverse is normal, although worn down to probably a
AU condition at best - no apparent scratches, dinks, major problems.
Obverse is apparently in copper - appears to be missing the top layer.
Obverse does have a hairline scratch, possibly from a coin, near the
horse's face extending to the edge of the coin.

I know error coins are collectible. This is the first major lamination
error I have found. How rare is it?

Daniel B. Wheeler

I'll pay you $4,000 for it.

Are you serious?