CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Quarter lamination error? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=142725)

[email protected] August 26th 05 04:26 PM

Quarter lamination error?

While searching pocket change, found an unusual quarter. This 2004d
Texas quarter has splotches/irregular droplets or perhaps small
lamination errors on both reverse and obverse. Some appear to continue
into the reeding on the coin edge. Under 100x these areas appear
_slightly_ more dull/darker in color, and recessed.

I have a Sony Mavica capable of taking 10x close-ups if anyone wants to
look at it. I'd be happy to email pics for consideration.

Daniel B. Wheeler