CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Washington Irving - complete works 1850 -- needs a home. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=143060)

John Faughnan August 29th 05 02:26 AM

Washington Irving - complete works 1850 -- needs a home.

We have a complete set of Washington Irving's works -- dated about
1850. Not in perfect shape (at least one book has a partly separated
binding) but quite readable.

We're looking for a home for these. Is there a place that would want
them? Otherwise we'll drop them by the local used bookstore, where
they're most likely to end up in the trash.

We're not looking for money -- though it would be good to cover the
cost of shipping. They've been in my wife's family for some years so
we'd like a home for them.

meta: jfaughnan, books, donation, homeless

[email protected] August 29th 05 05:20 PM

Michael, that is a wonderful set of ideas. eBay may indeed be the best
option, otherwise we'll hunt around for an interested local group to
donate them to per your suggestions. If I use eBay I'll put some images
up in one of my blogs so buyers can see this is by no means a perfectly
preserved set.

thank you very much,

john
(forget my email address on prior message)

michael adams wrote:
oups.com...

Bibleman_3 September 2nd 05 03:47 PM

I am Perry Cox, Director for Books for the Nations, a project of the
National Heritage Foundation. We are a non-profit 501(3). Our current
project is building a library collection for The Tamina Community
Center named the Tamina Community Library.
I have a question as to the number of volumes in the collection and the
amout of shelving required.
The project is listed on our site at http://www.booksforthenations.org
Do you have an estimate of the shipping cost? We are a very small
non-profit project and all funding has come from my wife and I. Would
you consider the shipping as a contribution to a non-profit as a
tax-deduction? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Perry Cox