CollectingBanter

-   Autographs (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Signed Playing Cards - TV stars (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4456)

M@gic May 5th 04 12:48 AM

Signed Playing Cards - TV stars

Back in the mid 1990's I was appearing in a regular monthly slot as a
magician on a Saturday morning Kids TV show on ITV called Gimme 5. This was
hosted by Jenny Powell and Nobby the Sheep (!).

Meeting celebrities every month I decided to start an autograph collection.

I wanted to make it a bit unusual so got the artistes to sign large playing
cards (these are called "jumbo" size and are 17.8 x 11.6cm) and are
manufactured by Piatnik who are based in Vienna, Austria. They are very
high-quality playing cards.

I didn't get very far with this project! I am selling all 16 cards singly.

These cards would look great displayed in a double glass frame block (you
can get them very cheaply from IKEA).

They all start at £1 and have no reserve on them

See the Kim Wilde one here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:LC:UK:1

There are two versions of all cards.click on "See sellers other auctions".