CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   murderers as book collectors (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=320644)

Jack Campin March 16th 12 05:51 PM

murderers as book collectors

I work in a charity bookshop.

We used to have a regular customer called David Gilroy. I don't think
we'll be seeing much of him for a while:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-17367652

And some time ago we had a donation of books that had belonged to
Paul Agutter:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sp...6908-19995221/

Both of them had utterly conventional tastes in books. Gilroy mostly
bought contemporary literary fiction and Agutter's collection was
twentieth century classic literature, mostly Penguins (Orwell,
Steinbeck, Maugham, Greene etc). Nothing on pharmacology or Satanism
and no questions about whether we had an issue of "Which?" that
reviewed shovels.

I'm looking forward to when we get Ian Brady's Nietzsches with his
name on the flyleaf.

Anybody else met with that sort of connection?