CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 1422 O-Amp problem (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324012)

ILikeValves August 13th 17 07:14 PM

Rockola 1422 O-Amp problem

I have recapped my O amp on my 1422.
The 5U4 tube has a lot of sparking inside the tube.
I have tried other 5U4's, and the same thing happens, even without the other tubes, and no input/output plugs (I jumped the ac on the speaker receptacle.)

I have tried double and triple checking, but I cannot find a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

John Robertson August 13th 17 11:23 PM

Rockola 1422 O-Amp problem

On 2017/08/13 11:14 AM, ILikeValves wrote:
I have recapped my O amp on my 1422.
The 5U4 tube has a lot of sparking inside the tube.
I have tried other 5U4's, and the same thing happens, even without the other tubes, and no input/output plugs (I jumped the ac on the speaker receptacle.)

I have tried double and triple checking, but I cannot find a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

Short on output of 5U4 filament output B+ load - a bad cap, etc. You
will destroy the transformer if you do not find the problem!

John :-#(#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

ILikeValves August 14th 17 09:26 PM

Rockola 1422 O-Amp problem

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 11:14:38 AM UTC-7, ILikeValves wrote:
I have recapped my O amp on my 1422.
The 5U4 tube has a lot of sparking inside the tube.
I have tried other 5U4's, and the same thing happens, even without the other tubes, and no input/output plugs (I jumped the ac on the speaker receptacle.)

I have tried double and triple checking, but I cannot find a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

Will Look at that, and prob start to disconnect leads. Tnx