CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AMI E-120 lubrication (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324061)

[email protected] October 4th 17 03:11 PM

AMI E-120 lubrication

I have the service manuals which describes how to lubricate. Unfortunately, it uses terms like mushroom cam and gripper bow. The manuals do not show where these are. Suggestions on how to proceed? Many thanks,
Dave

John Robertson October 4th 17 06:47 PM

AMI E-120 lubrication

On 2017/10/04 7:11 AM, wrote:
I have the service manuals which describes how to lubricate. Unfortunately, it uses terms like mushroom cam and gripper bow. The manuals do not show where these are. Suggestions on how to proceed? Many thanks,
Dave

Gripper Bow is the arm that grabs (grips) the record - oil all the metal
to metal spots.

Mushroom Cam is behind the Gripper Bow and enables the bow to flip from
one side to the other depending on the way it is pushed/pulled by a
solenoid.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

[email protected] October 5th 17 01:30 PM

AMI E-120 lubrication

Great, thanks. How about the idler sprocket, toggle pins, toggle camplate bearing, Transfer cam and tone arm cam plate, tone arm pivot shaft? Again, many thanks,
Dave

John Robertson October 5th 17 07:40 PM

AMI E-120 lubrication

On 2017/10/05 5:30 AM, wrote:
Great, thanks. How about the idler sprocket, toggle pins, toggle camplate bearing, Transfer cam and tone arm cam plate, tone arm pivot shaft? Again, many thanks,
Dave

Yeah a drop of oil on all metal on metal moving parts is wise.

Also a good idea to get a good copy of the original operators service
manual...

J.B. Wood October 6th 17 11:41 AM

AMI E-120 lubrication

On 10/04/2017 10:11 AM, wrote:
I have the service manuals which describes how to lubricate. Unfortunately, it uses terms like mushroom cam and gripper bow. The manuals do not show where these are. Suggestions on how to proceed? Many thanks,
Dave

Hello, and I while I can't provide you an answer, your AMI box model was
always one of my favorites. A patron always got a clear view of the
mechanics of record selection and playing. Just as much fun as hearing
the record. I always thought the AMI engineers, unlike most of the
other JB mfrs, began with a conventional phonograph and then added the
components to enable coin-operated record playing. The Seeburg
mechanism was elegant and unique in its own right but not as much fun to
watch IMO. The other "fun" mechanism was the way 78 rpm Wurlitzer boxes
played records with that elevating turntable. Now keep that box
running! Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: