CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 1454 Geneva Gripper Release and Turnover Alignment (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=323902)

[email protected] April 5th 17 10:23 PM

Rockola 1454 Geneva Gripper Release and Turnover Alignment

I'm having trouble getting these two gripper cams aligned - I cant find a good reference for these pieces. I have the service and parts manual but there isn't enough detail to put this together. If any one has a reference it would much appreciated - thanks

John Robertson April 5th 17 11:02 PM

On 2017/04/05 2:23 PM, wrote:
I'm having trouble getting these two gripper cams aligned - I cant find a good reference for these pieces. I have the service and parts manual but there isn't enough detail to put this together. If any one has a reference it would much appreciated - thanks

The rule of thumb is to test assembly by using your hand to turn the
gears. If it binds then adjust and try again. You should be able to turn
the gears and have the gripper arm perform its duties. If you use your
other hand to lift the gripper when it over the record basket that will
make the gears turn easier.

I hope you took the gripper system apart to remove the dried grease and oil!

I do have a page I made a number of years ago on the gripper - perhaps
this will help you:

http://www.flippers.com/Rockola-tips.html

Note the instructions are similar enough to also cover Rowe AMI record
machines from 1945 up to around the late 50s.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

[email protected] April 7th 17 05:37 PM

Rockola 1454 Geneva Gripper Release and Turnover Alignment

I'm having trouble getting these two gripper cams aligned - I cant find a good reference for these pieces. I have the service and parts manual but there isn't enough detail to put this together. If any one has a reference it would much appreciated - thanks

Thanks for the Info John! I'm in the process of taking the gripper assembly apart right now - your page you posted is very helpful!

John Robertson April 7th 17 06:49 PM

On 2017/04/07 9:37 AM, wrote:
I'm having trouble getting these two gripper cams aligned - I cant find a good reference for these pieces. I have the service and parts manual but there isn't enough detail to put this together. If any one has a reference it would much appreciated - thanks

Thanks for the Info John! I'm in the process of taking the gripper assembly apart right now - your page you posted is very helpful!

If you want to send me some photos, in case I missed anything or the
photo isn't clear, I'd be happy to add them to the page.

Glad it is helping. I want to make more of these to help train folks in
doing the tricky bits of fixing their machines, but rarely have the time.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com