CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A.Word.A.Day - numismatics (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=321867)

Frank Galikanokus January 2nd 13 03:02 PM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

A.Word.A.Day 12/31/12

http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html

MEANING:
noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes similar objects,
such as medals

USAGE:
"Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become fascinated with
numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face value because
few of them had been minted."
Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011

Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard.

JAM

sgt23 January 2nd 13 11:23 PM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

On Jan 2, 10:02*am, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:
A.Word.A.Day *12/31/12

http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html

MEANING:
noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes similar objects,
such as medals

USAGE:
"Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become fascinated with
numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face value because
few of them had been minted."
Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011

Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard.

JAM

Why the use of Ron Paul, he is no one important.

Bremick January 3rd 13 01:34 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

wrote:
A.Word.A.Day 12/31/12

http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html

MEANING:
noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes
similar objects,
such as medals

USAGE:
"Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become
fascinated with
numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face
value because
few of them had been minted."
Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011

Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard.

JAM

Why the use of Ron Paul, he is no one important.
----

Gee, Ron always speaks highly of you.

sgt23 January 3rd 13 04:32 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

wrote:

A.Word.A.Day *12/31/12

http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html

MEANING:
noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes
similar objects,
such as medals

USAGE:
"Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become
fascinated with
numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face
value because
few of them had been minted."
Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011

Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard.

JAM

Why the use of Ron Paul, he is no one important.
----

Gee, Ron always speaks highly of you.

He has already said he isn't running anymore. Most people will forget
who he is within the next 5 to 10 years. How many bills did he ever
get passed in the Senate? Zero because most people thought he was a
nut.

oly January 3rd 13 01:12 PM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

wrote:

[...]

nut.- Hide quoted text -

Ron Paul wasn't a Senator either (his son is, however; you are a
little weak on things like facts, Sarge). He is retiring after pretty
damn solid careers in medicine and politics; he is something like 77
years old.

oly

sgt23 January 5th 13 04:38 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

On Jan 3, 8:12*am, oly wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:32*pm, sgt23 wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well congressman, sue me.

oly January 5th 13 11:50 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

On Friday, January 4, 2013 10:38:38 PM UTC-6, sgt23 wrote:
On Jan 3, 8:12*am, oly wrote: On Jan 2, 10:32*pm, sgt23 wrote: On Jan 2, 8:34*pm, "bremick" wrote: "sgt23" *wrote in message ... On Jan 2, 10:02 am, Frank Galikanokus wrote: A.Word.A.Day *12/31/12 http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html MEANING: noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes similar objects, such as medals USAGE: "Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become fascinated with numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face value because few of them had been minted." Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011 Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard. JAM Why the use of Ron Paul, he is no one important. ---- Gee, Ron always speaks highly of you. He has already said he isn't running anymore. Most people will forget who he is within the next 5 to 10 years. How many bills did he ever get passed in the Senate? Zero because most people thought he was a nut.- Hide quoted text - - Show quoted text - Ron Paul wasn't a Senator either (his son is, however; you are a little weak on things like facts, Sarge). *He is retiring after pretty damn solid careers in medicine and politics; he is something like 77 years old. oly Well congressman, sue me.

You're so ignorant, Sarge, you thought that Ron Paul was a scion of the famous fishsticks family.

oly

sgt23 January 6th 13 02:26 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

On Jan 5, 6:50*am, oly wrote:
[...]

Nah, I just don't care. You have confused for your self!

oly January 6th 13 06:07 AM

A.Word.A.Day - numismatics

On Jan 3, 8:12*am, oly wrote: On Jan 2, 10:32*pm, sgt23 wrote: On Jan 2, 8:34*pm, "bremick" wrote: "sgt23" *wrote in message ... On Jan 2, 10:02 am, Frank Galikanokus wrote: A.Word.A.Day *12/31/12 http://wordsmith.org/words/numismatics.html MEANING: noun: The study or collection of currency: coins, notes, and sometimes similar objects, such as medals USAGE: "Ron Paul was the middle of five boys and the only one to become fascinated with numismatics. He knew that certain pennies were worth more than their face value because few of them had been minted." Joel Achenbach; The Alternative; The Washington Post; Dec 15, 2011 Now I understand his fascination with the gold standard. JAM Why the use of Ron Paul, he is no one important. ---- Gee, Ron always speaks highly of you. He has already said he isn't running anymore. Most people will forget who he is within the next 5 to 10 years. How many bills did he ever get passed in the Senate? Zero because most people thought he was a nut.- Hide quoted text - - Show quoted text - Ron Paul wasn't a Senator either (his son is, however; you are a little weak on things like facts, Sarge). *He is retiring after pretty @#!*% solid careers in medicine and politics; he is something like 77 years old. oly Well congressman, sue me.

You're so ignorant, Sarge, you thought that Ron Paul was a scion of the famous fishsticks family.

oly

Nah, I just don't care. You have confused for your self!

You apparently don't speak (or write) English as your first (native)
language, do you Sarge???

oly