CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Found book! (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=314976)

HardyBoys.us[_8_] April 29th 11 03:19 PM

Found book!

It's the custom in my town for people to leave books they no longer want at our
local recycling center.
While dropping off my recycling yesterday, I found a first edition of "Ball
Four" by Jim Bouton, complete with a DJ in solid good condition.

David Ames[_2_] June 26th 11 10:15 PM

Found book!

On Apr 29, 10:19*am, "HardyBoys.us"
wrote:
It's the custom in my town for people to leave books they no longer want at our
local recycling center.
While dropping off my recycling yesterday, I found a first edition of "Ball
Four" by Jim Bouton, complete with a DJ in solid good condition.

At bookfinder.com, I do not find that this is a prized book, but maybe
you know something aboutyour copy. I checked because I used to have
this item. IIRC, Jim Bouton is he person who successfully challenged
OB's reserve clause.

David

gamers88[_2_] June 30th 11 12:38 AM

Found book!

David Ames wrote:

On Apr 29, 10:19=A0am, "HardyBoys.us"
wrote:
It's the custom in my town for people to leave books they no longer want =

at our
local recycling center.
While dropping off my recycling yesterday, I found a first edition of "Ba=

ll
Four" by Jim Bouton, complete with a DJ in solid good condition.

At bookfinder.com, I do not find that this is a prized book, but maybe
you know something aboutyour copy. I checked because I used to have
this item. IIRC, Jim Bouton is he person who successfully challenged
OB's reserve clause.

David

Bouton was a star pitcher for the New York Yankees. The player who
successfully challenged the reserve clause was outfielder Curt Flood
of the St. Louis Cardinals.
--
Herb