CollectingBanter

-   General (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   FS: 1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11881)

Jim Sinclair June 23rd 03 05:55 AM

FS: 1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book

1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book

I have for sale the out-of-print, 1st Edition, Harcover Book "Satellite
Images (Photographs Of Canada From Space)" by Brian Banks (1989). The
edition contains 120 pages of text as well as full-color photographs.
Front Jacket Excerpt:
"Remote sensing-the process of observation from high vantage point-has been
a tremendous boon to Canada since the years following World War I, when
veteran pilots began surveying unmapped regions of Canada in open-cockpit
airplanes. Unlike the explorers of earlier centuries, pilots flying in grid
patterns over the countryside were able to explore hundreds of square
kilometers in a day, recording their observations on film.
Satellite Images is at once an art book and an intruing atlas that shows a
familiar land in a new light. Armed with a magnifying glass and, perhaps a
good atlas, readers can embark on a facinating journey across Canada."
The 1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book in in MINT condition.
Price $20. US plus postage

Please include your "postal mailing address" so I can calculate postage
costs to your destination. Thank you