PDA

View Full Version : Stamp 3 cents Thomas Jefferson

Ronald
November 28th 03, 03:21 PM
Hi,

I found a nice postcard with a USP 3 cents Thomas Jefferson stamp
(purple) on it, while cleaning the 'old stuff' of my father. Where can
I find information about prices for this stamp?

Ron
The Netherlands

TC
November 30th 03, 05:02 AM
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:21:03 +0100, Ronald >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I found a nice postcard with a USP 3 cents Thomas Jefferson stamp
>(purple) on it, while cleaning the 'old stuff' of my father. Where can
>I find information about prices for this stamp?
>
>Ron
>The Netherlands

Ron:

The stamp is USA Scott 807 (issued 1938). It is the 3c
value of the Presidential issue. Millions of these stamps
were issued as it was the domestic first class letter rate
for many years.

Scott value (2004) is 20 cents mint or used.
(Note: 20 cents is the minimum value)

I hope that this is helpful.

Blair

Barry Kramer
December 31st 03, 01:54 AM
Hello Ron,

> Scott value (2004) is 20 cents mint or used.
> (Note: 20 cents is the minimum value)

I am still very new at this, but I suspect what you have is worth more
because you have the entire postcard.

Best Regards, Kramer

"TC" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:21:03 +0100, Ronald >
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I found a nice postcard with a USP 3 cents Thomas Jefferson stamp
> >(purple) on it, while cleaning the 'old stuff' of my father. Where can
> >I find information about prices for this stamp?
> >
> >Ron
> >The Netherlands

> Ron:
>
> The stamp is USA Scott 807 (issued 1938). It is the 3c
> value of the Presidential issue. Millions of these stamps
> were issued as it was the domestic first class letter rate
> for many years.
>
> Scott value (2004) is 20 cents mint or used.
> (Note: 20 cents is the minimum value)
>
> I hope that this is helpful.
>
> Blair

Google