PDA

View Full Version : Tack Hole Question

Harvey
November 22nd 03, 09:20 PM
Some of my sheets from the late 60s and early 70s have two small tack holes
on the edges, not on any stamp. Anybody know what might have caused these?
Does it decrease the value of what otherwise would be mint condition?

RRoyPERFIN
November 24th 03, 03:36 PM
>Some of my sheets from the late 60s and early 70s have two small tack holes
>on the edges, not on any stamp. Anybody know what might have caused these?
>Does it decrease the value of what otherwise would be mint condition?

Post office panes were bound into booklets for distribution to post offices.
They usually contained 100 ( not sure - may have only been 50) panes and had
covers which were then all stapled together through the selvege.

Google