PDA

View Full Version : Stuck stamps

joe
October 11th 03, 03:54 PM
I have an old album that must have gotten damp because many of the mint
stamps are stuck to the pages. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them
un-stuck without ruining the album and soaking the pages, and removing the
gum?

Thanks Joe

Tom Baker
October 30th 03, 08:44 PM
"joe" > wrote in message >...
> I have an old album that must have gotten damp because many of the mint
> stamps are stuck to the pages. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them
> un-stuck without ruining the album and soaking the pages, and removing the
> gum?
>
> Thanks Joe

Some have suggested freezing as a way of separating gummed stamps.
I haven't been able to make it work, but it's worth a try.
Otherwise, some folks collect unused stamps without gum.

Tom Baker

Google